Why you belong in the boardroom
You don't have to be a corporate executive to be a Boardroom member. Burlesque for the Boardroom is for anyone who wants to change the world by embracing the feminine. You belong in the Boardroom if:
- You believe that making the world a better place for women and girls will make the world a better place for everyone.
- You have family, friends, and coworkers that look up to you.
- You've experienced these problems as a female leader, and want them to stop.
- You know that being smart, sexy and powerful are not antithetical.
- You think a work-life balance is impossible. (You're right, it is. BUT, work-life integration is not).
- You want to deconstruct the narratives that prevent you from being the best version of yourself.
- You want unshakable confidence, undeniable influence, and irresistible leadership on your terms.
Why are women signing up for burlesque for the boardroom?
Here is what women have said about why they signed up to participate in Burlesque for the Boardroom:
- "The content is a stretch in the conversation of feminine leadership."
- "I want to strengthen my understanding and expression of the feminine, and feminine leadership. More fully express my feminine power such that it enhances my personal and professional relationships and goals. Connect with a bunch of super talented, interesting women."
- "Your approach is very fresh, I was intrigued and excited to try out the performative style of unlearning doubt and (self) criticism, replacing it with confidence, self-love and appreciation for my sexuality."
- "I’m interested in learning more about myself and what I do. I get to see me and my work."
- "I want to learn some simple actions I can take to improve my confidence."
- "I've realized over the past few years how much I am held back by self-doubt and internalized shame for perceived inadequacies. I've tried to beat these tendencies out of myself without great success, so my new goal is to embrace all the parts of myself, including those that are doubtful or afraid, and move forward from there. So...greater joy in my entire self, and, through that, the entire selves of the women around me."
- "I am seeking strategies to more authentically articulate my needs in the world and make requests of others, and encourage the other people in my life to do the same, so we can support each other. A lot of the people I care about lack certainty around basic resources (food, shelter, finances). I am trying to model how you do that without being born into those privileges or pulling yourself up by your bootstraps. A lot of that is asking for support and help. I already think I have a lot of strategies for asking for support based on the first week. I am also working on how to be my "whole self" in front of other people, but I don't think I'm actually pushing myself to test that enough!"
- "The idea of integrating all parts of myself is an area in which I struggle. I hoped to get ideas and points of view that could help me in that."
- "For fun and curiosity."
- "It seemed to be a fun and unconventional approach."
- "I wanted to get in touch with my relationship with the concept of leadership, which I didn't have much of."
- "To meet other women in a positive environment."
- "The feminine leadership/empowerment really spoke to me. I saw the listing and knew I needed to do this."
What you will learn in burlesque for the boardroom
Burlesque for the Boardroom teaches you concrete leadership skills, all through the audacious and bold lens of burlesque. I've learned more about being a strong female leader through burlesque than through any training, workshop or book I've read. You'll practice skills to help you take a stand for what you believe in, how to be a better decision-maker, and how to bring your whole self to everything you do.
- Expand your self-awareness, and tap into your intuition.
- View vulnerability as strength, and build an irresistible personal presence.
- Release perfectionism, and quiet your self-critic.
- Ask for what you want, be a better decision-maker, and give/receive feedback that gets things done.
- Rebound from failure, and advocate for your voice being heard and respected.
- Define sexy on your terms, and insist on pleasure.
- Unravel the internalized oppression that holds you back, and dismantle harmful female competition.